You can now pay for School Meals online, edsp.co/sm-login
Please remember to inform the school office of a change to your child's meal arrangement from packed lunch to hot dinner or vice versa to avoid being charged. Preferably changes should be made on a termly basis.
School meals are charged at £2.50 per day and should be paid for in advance unless exempt.
We do allow children to have a hot meal on a particular day e.g. 'Fred likes to have fish on a Friday and packed lunches Monday - Thursday'; this must be pre-booked at the office.
Free School Meals
Your child will be eligible for free school meals if you (or your partner) receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit and net earnings are no more than £7,500 per year (£616.67 in your last assessment period, £1,233.34 over last two assessment periods or £1,850 over last three assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income, as assessed by HMRC, of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit 'run on' - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also receive free school meals.
Once eligible, your child will continue to receive free school meals in primary or secondary school until they have finished their current phase of education i.e. primary (Year 6) or secondary (Year 11).
From 1 April 2025, if your child moves between primary and secondary school you will need to reapply for free school meals.
To claim free school meals, you can complete the application by clicking here.
Sutton Manor Primary School, Forest Road, St Helens, Merseyside, WA9 4AT