Pastoral & Wellbeing Support 2022 - 2023
Safeguarding, Pastoral & Behavior Lead
Welcome to the Pastoral Support page!
Miss Dykes - Safeguarding & Pastoral Lead SENCO support -SLT
Mrs Moran - Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator - SLT
Mrs Jane Kinsey - Speech & Language / Wellbeing Intervention
Pastoral & Wellbeing Support
What does pastoral support look like for your child?
The pastoral team carry out a range of tasks and work with pupils who have different ability levels and barriers to learning.
These can be addressed through a 1:1 supportive relationship or small group work and wellbeing sessions.
This may include:
- Developing coping strategies
- Enhancing motivation
- Raising aspirations
- Encouraging re-engagement in learning
- General confidence boosting
We take into account a range of complex underlying issues that may impact negatively on learning and achievement.
Who might benefit from Pastoral support?
Children who have the following barriers to learning may benefit from working with the Learning Mentor.
- Poor attendance/punctuality
- Disengaged from learning or social engagement
- Lack of self-esteem and confidence - "The quiet child"
- Variety of behaviour issues – disruptive, attention seeking
- Difficulty in managing feelings.
- Relationship conflict
- Difficulty in building relationships with adults/peers
- Lacking resilience
- Learning gaps, falling behind, poor learning
- High levels of anxiety
- Difficulties in concentration
- Suffered loss or bereavement
- Language and cultural difficulties
- Looked after children – in care
- Home circumstances - separation, loss, DV.
- Communication problems – home/school
- Issues linked to safeguarding and child protection
- General welfare issues
If you feel your child would benefit from some pastoral support for any of the above reasons or you would just like a chat, please don't hesitate to call in or message via dojo. Miss Dykes
Files to Download
Pastoral & Wellbeing Support: News items
There are no News items to display
Pastoral & Wellbeing Support: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Pastoral & Wellbeing Support: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display