Covid 19 Information and Guidance
17th August 2021- What's changed?
The Government has decided to move to step 4 of the roadmap on 19 July, a new phase of continued caution whilst managing the risks of COVID-19.
- On 19 July, most legal restrictions will end, removing social distancing and social contact restrictions and enabling remaining businesses to reopen. All adults have now been offered a first dose of the vaccine.
- On 16 August, the rules on self-isolating as a contact will change for people who are fully vaccinated[footnote 2], and for under 18s. Those not fully vaccinated will still need to isolate if they are contacts, and everyone will still have to isolate if they test positive, to protect themselves and others.
- The children will no longer need to be restricted to bubbles and can mix more freely across the school
- Assemblies can resume
- Children can spend more lunchtimes and playtimes together and with other classes
- NHS Test and Trace will be responsible for contacting all close contacts of positive cases of Covid 19, there is no requirement for schools to do this
- Children under 18 do not need to self isolate if they are a close contact of a positive case
- Children still need to self isolate if they develop or have symptoms of Covid-19 and book a PCR test to confirm this
We have adopted the control measures set out by government and have updated our risk assessment accordingly.