Year Six 2020 - 2021
Teacher: Mr Bonney and Mrs Tinsley
TA: Mrs Heyes
Welcome back! We are delighted that the new year 6 class have returned to school healthy and are ready to learn. The children are adapting well to the different aspects of school with regarding to staying safe and controling the virus and their attituse towards their learning has been excellent.
As we settle into school there are some details that you need to be aware of:
- Homework will be sent home every Tuesday and needs to be returned on or before Friday when we will go through it in class.
- PE kits should be brought into school on Monday and left for the whole week. Currently, year 6's PE days are Thursday and Friday but this may change.
- Reading books. As always, we expect the children to read independently at home as often as possible. Unfortunately however, we are unable to allow children to bring a book back and forth everyday. We will encourage the children to take a class book home and return it when they have finished with it. Children may also have their own books at home that they wish to read. We will continue to read every day in class and monitor the children's abilities and progress carefully.
- Children will recieve a log in for Reading Plus that they can use access at home.
- We have not planned any trips yet but we are hopeful that this will change. Previously, Year 6 have enjoyed many trips including Wirral Country Park (Geography) and Eden Camp (World War 2 History). Hopefully the current year 6 will be able to visit these places at some point during the year. These trips continue to cost £15.
- Each year we take Year 6 on a two-night residential to Kingswood Adventure in Colomendy. We hope that we can still take them but we cannot commit yet. We await planning guidance, availability and risk assessments before commiting to this. We will contact parents with further details when we recieve them.
We thank you for your support in advance. Here are some websites to help children when learning from home:
www.twinkl.co.uk (every area of the curriculum)
www.readingplus.com (children will have their own log in)
www.ttrockstars.com (children have their own log in)
www.literacyshed.com (writing ideas and resources)
www.teachitprimary.co.uk (general resources)
www.planbee.com (science ideas and resources)
I have also be uploading many learning links on the school twitter account @primarymanor.
Stay safe everybody.
Mr Bonney and Mrs Tinsley
Files to Download
Year Six: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year Six: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year Six: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display