Year Four 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 4’s class page.
Happy new year to our wonderful pupils and your families.
Unfortunately, as you know, school is currently closed due to the national lockdown. It is such a shame as you have all made excellent progress in our first term back to school. This means that once again, you are working from home until it is safe to return to school. The staff in Year 4 have been working hard to provide you the best quality home learning resources as possible. We have created paper copy packs which are available to be collected from the school office during school hours and we are also using Microsoft Teams for remote learning.
You all have a personal log in for Microsoft Teams. Your username and password is in the front of your yellow work book which is inside of your home learning pack. These are case sensitive meaning if there is a capital letter, you must type it as a capital letter or it will not allow you to log in. If you struggle to log in, please contact the school and we will assist you as best as we can. You will have up to 5 challenges per day on Teams and once complete, you simple click ‘hand in’ in the top right hand corner. This allows me to mark your work and answer any questions you may have. I will be online Monday-Friday from 9am-3:30 to help you if you are struggling, so please add a comment on the activity page if you need my help.
If you complete any of the Teams activities inside of your yellow book, you can take a picture of your work and attach it to the assessment before you click ‘hand in’.
You can access Teams on any smartphone, tablet or Ipad, laptop or computer or through an Xbox or a PlayStation.
If you are unable to use Microsoft Teams, a paper pack is available in the school office for you to collect. They each contain a variety of work, a work book, a comprehension booklet and your statutory spellings for year 4. Please complete at least 3 activities per day and do your best to present this as neatly as possible in your yellow book.
There are lots of different websites for you to use to access some fun PE lessons. These are important as exercise is great for lifting your mood and keeping fit. Here is what is available:
- Joe Wicks LIVE 20 minute PE sessions (no equipment needed) every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9am starting from 11th Jan on Youtube.
- Just dance 2021 have a range of energetic dance routines to well-known songs on Youtube.
- Andy's Wild Workouts on Youtube or BBC Iplayer. 6 minute educational and fun workouts at home.
- Ultimate Kids Boxercise for beginners - a fun and engaging virtual boxing lesson for children of all ages.
- iMoves.com - Their content is made by teachers and they have over 1,200 lessons to choose from. They are offering a 14-day free trial and have also created a free section called The iMovement. This section is updated daily with new activities for both KS1 and KS2 children, it includes free Quick Blast videos such as Samba and Disco, and a Mental Health and Wellbeing section with guided meditations, pilates and a worry monster activity. They also have a nice activity timetable you can print off for your child to complete.
- GoNoodle on Youtube - They have 19 different channels, including exercise channels such as Zumba Kids, Net Generation and Koo Koo Kangeroo. The videos are really fun and vibrant and a great way to hold kids attention whilst being active.
If you have any queries, please contact the school via email or phone call.
We're looking forward to returning to school safely in the near future, take care and stay safe,
Files to Download
Year Four: News items
Year Four: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year Four: Gallery items
Visit from Capoeira Brazilian Dance Company, by Mrs Wilkinson
Year Four: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display